April 24, 2013, New Delhi: Hewlett-Packard India unveiled the HP Officejet Pro X series and the HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series – the latest breakthrough technologies that broaden HP’s Inkjet portfolio for businesses in India.
The HP Officejet Pro X500 series is recognized as the world’s fastest desktop printer by Guinness World Records(5), while the HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series offers laser-like quality and performance at very low running costs, comparable to laser toner refills(4).
These new inkjet innovations offer laser-comparable, robust performance along with affordability, which will empower businesses to decrease running costs and greatly increase productivity, thereby driving the adoption of Inkjets in Indian offices. (1,2,3,4)
Nitin Hiranandani, Director, Printing Systems, PPS, HP – India said “HP’s new innovations in inkjet printing technology are set to transform the office printing environment for Indian businesses. Enterprise workgroups and SMBs have told us they require technologies to improve efficiency and reduce costs, and that’s exactly what these devices do. They are simply designed for business.”
The HP Officejet Pro X Series leads HP’s inkjet innovation for businesses by offering manageability, professional color printing at breakthrough speed at up to half the cost of laser printers. We at HP continue to advance inkjet innovation to help businesses succeed. The latest HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series features high print quality and reliability that offers businesses peace of mind at a very low cost,” Mr. Hiranandani added.
According to InfoTrends (December 2012), business inkjet devices are expected to take a greater share of the office printing market and Indian placements of business inkjet devices will grow from 14.7 million in 2011 to 18.9 million in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.”(6)
25 Years of Inkjet Innovation
HP business inkjet printers have consistently received accolades and the new HP Officejet Pro X Series and the HP Officejet Pro Black & White series mark new achievements in HP’s 25-year legacy in inkjet innovation. Over the past year, HP Officejet and Officejet Pro series products have received a combined total of six awards for outstanding A4 inkjet printing and energy efficiency. (Summer2012, Winter 2012, Winter 2013) from Buyers Laboratory LLC.
HP Officejet Pro X Series – A breakthrough Inkjet Innovation
Powered by HP PageWide Technology—the company’s next-generation inkjet platform—the HP Officejet Pro X Series can deliver high-quality professional documents at up to 70 pages per minute in General Office mode, making it the fastest desktop printer. The HP Officejet Pro X576/476 dw MFPs and HP Officejet Pro X551/451dw Printers deliver high-quality professional documents at up to twice the speed and half the cost of color lasers, allowing enterprise workgroups and small, medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to enjoy more time and cost savings.(1,2) These devices will address the needs of work-teams with up to 15 users printing up to approximately 4200 pages a month. Users can also print from virtually anywhere with the latest mobile printing technologies such as HP ePrint.(7) Additionally, HP 970 and 971 ink cartridges feature quick-drying, long-lasting pigment inks that offer highly durable, professional print quality, and feature optimized color mixing and paper interaction for high-speed printing.
The HP Officejet Pro X Series include:
- HP Officejet Pro X451dw Printer – Priced at an MRP Rs. 31,499/-(8)
- HP Officejet Pro X551dw Printer – Priced at an MRP Rs. 37,999/-(8)
- HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP – Priced at an MRP Rs. 43,999/-(8)
- HP Officejet Pro X576 dw MFP – Priced at an MRP Rs. 50,499/-(8)
HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series
According to a HP-sponsored study by Spire Research and Consulting (December 2012), 24% of refilled laser printer cartridges produced inconsistent print results such as black spots, black stains and black lines.(4) 22% of the tested refilled laser print cartridges also required troubleshooting before the cartridges were depleted, thereby contributing to printing downtime and affecting business productivity.(4)
Original HP 960 Officejet ink cartridges, which are part of the Officejet Pro Black & White 3610/3620 printing systems, yielded the highest-quality results when tested, producing no printing error or inconsistency when compared to refilled laser printer cartridges.(2) Another BLI Reliability test (March 2013) reported no malfunction or misfeed for the Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White printing systems throughout the 12,000 pages printed.(3)
Compared with majority of black and white laser all-in-one printers in the same price range the new HP Officejet Pro 3610, 3620 Black & White e-All-in-One printers come with additional features such as auto-duplex printing, built-in Ethernet that enables Apple AirPrint on iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® and the latest embedded printing on Samsung GALAXY S 4 as well as HP ePrint(7, 14,15,16).
Additionally, the HP 960 Officejet ink cartridges produce laser-like black prints that resist water, fading, and highlighter smear, while lasting for decades. (9,10) Each HP 960 XL Black Officejet ink cartridge prints up to 1,600 pages and a standard-sized cartridge is available from Rs. 595 – a very low cost when compared to laser toner refills.(2)
The new printers use up to 50% less energy than mono lasers with this ENERGY STAR® 2.0 qualified e-All-in-One printer and save up to 40% energy with the Schedule On and Schedule Off feature. (11, 12) They come with an easy-to-use, 2-inch mono graphic display and can print at ISO speed up to 19 pages per minute.
The HP Officejet Pro Black & White series includes:
- HP Officejet Pro 3610 Black and White e-All-in-One – Priced at MRP Rs. 7,999/-(8)
- HP Officejet Pro 3620 Black and White e-All-in-One that comes with the fax feature – Priced at MRP Rs. 11,999/-(8)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) For HP Officejet Pro X Series – Comparison based on manufacturers’ published specifications of fastest-available color mode (as of March 2012) and includes color laser MFPs <$1,000 and color laser printers <$800 available March 2012 based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012 and HP internal testing of printer in fastest available color mode (sample four-page category documents tested from ISO 24734). After first set of ISO test pages. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
(2) For HP Officejet Pro X Series – Cost per page (CPP) claim is based on the majority of color laser MFPs <$1000 USD MSRP and color laser printers <$800 USD MSRP as of March 2012, ISO yield based on continuous printing in default mode based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012. CPP comparisons for laser supplies are based on published specifications of the manufacturers’ highest capacity cartridges. CPP based on HP 970XL/971XL ink cartridges estimated street price. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(3) HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series – Based on comparison of manufacturers published specification by BLI for a majority of black and white laser all-in-one printers less than US$200 (including VAT) in China and India. See hp.com/go/officejet for details.
(4) HP Officejet Pro 3610/3620 Black & White series – Based on cost comparison study conducted by SPIRE on HP Officejet Pro Black and White 3610 e-All-in-One series compared with an industry-leading black and white laser all-in-one printer less than US$200 (including VAT) with toner refills from three leading refill brands available in China and India as of November 2012. Cost comparison study based on use of original manufacturer’s laser toner cartridge plus two refills. See hp.com/go/officejet for details.
(5) For HP Officejet Pro X Series – Guinness World Records title certified for fastest time to print 500 sheets by an office color desktop printer, April 2012. Record set on HP X551dw and X576dw models. Details at guinnessworldrecords.com. Record attempt supervised and verified by wirthconsulting.org. Test documents ISO 24734 from sample four-page category test file printed in fastest available color mode for all products. Competitive set includes laser and inkjet color desktop MFPs <$1,000 and printers <$800 as of March 2012.
(6) According to December 2012 InfoTrends report “Is Inkjet Printing Technology Ready to Transform the Office Printing Environment?” by Zac Butcher.
(7) Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
(8) The indicated price is Maximum Retail Price for consumers across India. The actual operating price in the market may be equal or lesser, and varies from region to region according to local taxes and levies.
(9) Water resistance based on HP internal testing, using paper with the ColorLok® logo.
(10) Fade resistance based on paper industry predictions for acid-free papers and Original HP inks; colorant stability data at room temperature based on similar systems tested per ISO 11798 and ISO 18909.
(11) Testing performed in accordance with ISO 11798:2000 information and documentation, conducted by SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, November, 2012. For more information, see h41112.www4.hp.com/certifications/se/sv
(12) Majority of black & white laser all-in-one printers <US$200 (including VAT) as of November 2012. Energy use based on HP/BLI testing and ENERGY STAR’s published TEC data. For details, see hp.com/go/officejet.
(13) Energy savings calculation assumes the device is scheduled to be off for 12 hours per weekday and 48 hours per weekend. Reduced energy use is compared with a typical daily usage model, which assumes devices remain in “off” mode overnight and on the weekend.
(14) Requires an Internet connection to an HP web-enabled or networked printer and mobile device. Airprint and other device/printer connections may require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans and service agreements may apply. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
(15) Compatible with Android™ 2.0 and later devices, and iOS 4.3 and later devices (iPad®, iPhone® 4s, iPhone® 4, iPhone® 3GS, and 3rd and above generation iPod® touch) . Also compatible with Windows 8 for tablet devices.
(16) Mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network to access approximate cartridge levels. iOS devices and Windows 8 devices must have app open to receive alerts.
(17) Retailer availability and participation may vary by country.