Samsung Galaxy Grand is a great phone and that is the reason of it’s success in the market at the point of time. So for the millions of loyal users, Samsung has brought the official Upgrade available for the Galaxy grand Users, for Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware. It is a very good news for the Grand buyers, who might just have bought their phone, and want to update it. The firmware updates is UBAMB3, and would come along PDA- I9080LUBAMB3 & CSC- I9080LUWAAMB2. So this is a tutorial for updating the Galaxy grand to the Jelly bean 4.1.2 Firmware.
So lets start.
Things Required before Updating:
- The latest Android drivers are installed on your computer.
- The battery is atleast 70% charged , so that the phone does not sleep , while update is in process.
- Also make sure that the USB Debugging mode is on.
- Backup all your data , like messages , call logs, contacts , internet and wireless network settings.
- Make sure that the Model number of the phone is same as that above.
- The ODIN application , would only run on Windows , and would not work on Linux, Mac etc. Then you would have ti use the HEIMDALL utility.
Also please note that if you have rooted your device , then after Updating you will loose access to your previous root. You would again need to root your device , to gain full control of apps.
Update Galaxy Grand to Jelly Bean 4.1.2:
So make sure you have all the things and noted all the above points before you proceed. So let’s start , follow these simple steps to update your Grand.
- Firstly download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I9080LUBAMB3 Firmware file. It would be compressed so , extract it in a location.
- Now you would need Odin 1.85 on your Computer too , you could download it.
- Now switch off your mobile and press the Home + Power and Volume Down key, until the logo of Android Appears. And after that take the phone into the Download mode.
- Open the Odin utility and connect the phone to the PC via USB cable , while the phone being in the Download Mode. And make sure the phone is properly connected to the computer.
- Files that are to be installed on the phone would now be selected. You select amog the files , that we extracted in the beginning.following files should be selected.
File named “CODE” from PDA
File “MODEM” in the name from the phone. If you can;t find this file , skip this step.
File having “CSC” in the name selected from “CSC”.( if you can’t find this file , move further.)
From PIT , select .pit. ( if there is no such file , again skip this step.)
- Now after making the selection ,the options Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time are to be selected in the Odin. And select the Auto Partition option , if and only if the “.pit” file was checked in the previous step.
- Now start the process in Odin.
- Now as the process completes , your phone would restart, and it’s done\
Now as the your phone boots , remove the USB connections ad it’s all done. Now your galaxy Grand is updated to Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.2 . I hope this helped. 🙂